Sharing Articles–know the industry

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Johnny Johnny 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of sphereasylum sphereasylum 
    Participant

My Achievements

No Achievements Yet!

Hey everyone,

I read a bunch of articles on the history of marijuana, current events pertaining to MMJ and rec legalization, canna-business development, etc. and figured I’d start sharing a few of particular interest. Comments and discussion always appreciated! Recommend articles you’ve been reading. It’s a new industry and familiarity with the history, culture, and political-economy will supplement your business development.

Article: New bill would allow the VA to recommend medical marijuana for patients
    http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/new-bill-would-allow-the-va-to-recommend-medical-marijuana/article_6ce3f13f-28d7-5084-8ebf-7c9d70a74fa9.html

Participant

My Achievements

No Achievements Yet!

Article: Inside Girl Scout Cookies (High Times)
    http://www.hightimes.com/read/inside-girl-scout-cookies

There are some interesting marketing approaches that “The Cookie Family” are considering (e.g. selling male pollen rather than making seeds available for purchase)

Profile photo of Johnny Johnny 
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Customer Feedback IconOutlining Your Business IconBuilding Your Empire IconGetting Your First $500 IconChoosing Your Idea IconIdea Creation & Validation IconHustle Course IconComment to topic and become learner Icon

Very interesting. Lets start thinking business; do you think some type of business can be made out of the second article? If so what do you think it would be?

Participant

My Achievements

No Achievements Yet!

I think their “Pollen Nation” idea of potentially selling GSC male pollen has a few interesting elements, the best of which is tha it enables novice growers and commercial growers, alike, the chance to experiment with breeding GSC crosses. So if a collective develops some new, stable, unique strains, they can sell access to a sort of database of their strains by packaging pollen and maybe developing breeding kits to simplify and speed up the breeding process. It’s also just interesting that they can kind of develop a real brand out of their strains.

Participant

My Achievements

No Achievements Yet!

Hey everyone, there is huge potential in banking and merchant accounts for the medical and recreational states. This isn’t my area of expertise, but just an idea I figured I’d throw out there…I’ve seen several articles recently about the need for both merchant account providers and credit unions for growers. Obviously not a lot of people have the time and resources to start a bank, but what about developing a blog to provide information for growers, manufacturers, and retailers regarding how to legitimize their state-compliant businesses?

Article: “Relief for Banking Issues Plaguing Legal Marijuana Industry?” (Marijuana.com)
    http://news.marijuana.com/news/2014/12/relief-for-banking-issues-plaguing-legal-marijuana-industry/

Article: “New bank could save the pot industry” (CNN Money)
    http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/02/smallbusiness/marijuana-bank/

Profile photo of Johnny Johnny 
    Keymaster

My Achievements

Customer Feedback IconOutlining Your Business IconBuilding Your Empire IconGetting Your First $500 IconChoosing Your Idea IconIdea Creation & Validation IconHustle Course IconComment to topic and become learner Icon

Thats a great blog/article idea, would you like to put together a report on this? We would give you author credit and a bit of cash if the quality is up to par.

Let us know 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 Hustle Green. Perfecting your hustle.

WordPress Video Lightbox
or

Forgot your details?